If you are at the trail and this trail needs the latitude and longitude please click the link below and add it to the Add/Edit Trail Form to give us the information. Click to view your current location on a map.
Rough and Tumbling Creek Trail
Rough and Tumbling Trail, also known as Tumble Creek Trail, provides access toBuffalo Peaks Wilderness. It connects with Rich Creek and Salt Creek Trail offering the hiker opportunities for making their own loops.
Only a small portion of this trail runs outside of the wilderness area, so leave your bicycle at home.
|Restrictions:||Wilderness regulations apply|
|Closest Towns:||Fairplay, Colorado|
|Water:||Water is available at Weston Pass Campground when the campground is open.|
|Restroom:||Toilets are available at Weston Pass Campground when the campground is open.|
|Information Center:||South Park Ranger District|
1. From Fairplay, follow US Highway 285 south to County Road 22 and turn right. Follow County Road 22 for about eight miles to the Rich Creek Trailhead. Hike south for Rough and Tumbling Trail.
2. From Buena Vista, follow County Road 371 north to County Road 375 to Forest Road 375. The trail begins at Four Mile Trailhead.
The trail is open year round; however, access may be difficult during the winter months.
- Trail Measurement: 11.3 Miles
- Compass Latitude: 390228N
- Compass Longitude: 1060657W
- Numeric Latitude: 39.0411048
- Numeric Longitude: -106.1158514
- Elevation in Meters: 3031
- Elevation in Feet: 9944
If you have information about this trail please fill out the Add/Edit Trail form.